Monday, January 17, 2011

Dear Sadness,

The main path to sadness is not appreciating what you have. We all compare our lives to one another wondering "Wow, they look so happy. I want to be that happy!" ( ahem, ahem...facebook...)What we should do is stop before we compare and turn around to look back on our own lives.
In middle school, I went on a field trip to the gold mines in Dahlonega, GA. We were all given a gallon bag of dirt to sift through. A few moments went by and students started to find jewels and crystals. Sadness arose though when some students saw that other sifted out larger jewels than themselves. My goal for this year is to find the beauty in my life. I may not have large ruby as others do, but I do have a small diamond.

Sincerely,

Appreciation

No comments:

Post a Comment