Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 1

There’s a soft scrap as my feet pushes up toward the next icy metal bar. Family and friends cheer me on from the stands. As I climb up the lengthy ladder, I think of what is to come. I know there is a threat of me slipping off the diving board and landing into cement. I know there is a chance of me slipping before that off the ladder. I also can for see the adventure in diving. My heart is slowly picking up pace as I start to process the hight I am at and gaining. Once I reach the high diving board, it is terrifying and breath taking. I proudly look down thinking back on the hardships that I had to overcome to get here. THUMP-THUM-THU-THU-THU-THUMP! I am in the air! Freedom overcomes me for there is nothing to support or balance me. Alone in a vacant space that is unfamiliar to the human body. The rushing wind and unrestricted movement brings exhilaration and elation. Pose for the dive! SPLASH! When I submerge there are familiar faces surrounding the pool to help pull me up. My family and friends greet and welcome me back from my dive, everyone being happy to be together again. 
This is how I view my study abroad trip. I am climbing right now, but I can’t wait to dive into the country Taiwan!


ARRIVAL!!!! 
hese past two days have been great. I was able to meet a few people when arriving so it's nice to know other people! The only hard part is trying to contact everyone! Holy gezz, the cell phone and number were amazing inventions! Every one has yet to buy a phone so it is hard to make plans. 

The City at Night!


Michael (UCSB), Me (GSU...), & Gabby (UCSD)

Look at the beautiful statue that firsts greets you when you enter Taiwan...ah~ how lovely?


Beef noodle soup!! First meal in Taiwan! It was really good and this was just a small little restaurant on camps!

No comments:

Post a Comment